- First Prize (Basic/Fundamental) in the Poster Session during 31st LERIG, Jan.1996 for the paper entitled “Dexamethasone induced alterations in thiobarbituric acid reactant levels and antioxidant status in heart and kidney of rats” by S.Rajashree and R.Puvanakrishnan
- Consolation prize (Basic Science) in the Poster Session during 31st LERIG, Jan.1996 for the paper entitled “Cardiotoxicity of isoproterenol in rats ” P.Malarvannan, C.V.Ramesh, C.Nirmala, S.Jayasundar and R.Puvanakrishnan
- Servier Young Investigator Award for the poster presentation entitled “Antiinflammatory activity of a novel tetrapeptide derivative in different experimental models in rats” by K.V.S.N. Raju, J. Calpurnia, S. Anand, R. Meera, J. Jayasekaran Samuel, S. Jayasundar and R. Puvanakrishnan in Int Cong on Frontiers in Pharmacol and Therapeut in 21 st century, New Delhi, December, 1999.
- Servier Young Investigator Award for the poster presentation entitled “Adjuvant induced arthritis in rats : Role of a tetrapeptide derivative on lysosomal enzymes, lysosomal stability and matrix metalloproteinases in vivo” by K.V.S.N. Raju, D. Ashok Kumar, Ramya Rajan, R. Meera, J. Jayasekaran Samuel, S. Jayasundar and R. Puvanakrishnan in Int Cong on Frontiers in Pharmacol and Therapeut in 21 st century, New Delhi, December, 1999.
- B.S. Narasinga Rao Best Poster Award for the Poster Presentation entitled “Antioxidant potential of a Novel Bioactive Peptide in Adjuvant Induced Arthritis in Rats” by C. Gayathri, D. Ashok Kumar, M. Sumitra, P. Manikandan, N. Arutselvan and R. Puvanakrishnan in the 69 th Annual Meeting of the SBC (India), Calcutta, December 2000.
- Young Servier's award for the best poster presentation entitled “Time course studies on the initiation of acute myocardial infarction and complement fixation in albino rats” by M.Sumitra , P.Manikandan, Mohammed Nayeem, B.Lokanadam, B.Murali Manohar and R.Puvanakrishnan in the Annual Meeting of the International Society for Heart Research (Indian Section), Chandigarh, February 2003.
- Best Photomicrograph award in the category of Transmission electron micrograph of Biological sciences presented at 26 th Annual Conference on Electron Microscopy and Allied fields organized by Electron Microscope Society of India, Shimla , April 16-18, 2003. Authors – P.Manikandan , M. Sumitra, B.Lokanadam, Mohammed Nayeem, B.Murali Manohar, S.Vairamuthu and R.Puvanakrishnan.