Maintenance / Monitoring
- The goal of the Computer Centre is to provide internet connection to all the scientific and technical staff of CLRI.
- Total number of connections - 260
- New connections are being extended to more users.
- Wireless connectivity is being proposed for outlying buildings such as dispensary and guest house.
- MS Proxy version - 2.0
- MS Frontpage 2000
- Trend Micro Antivirus Enterprise Edition
The main activity of Computer Centre is to maintain the network for getting continuous connectivity. The following jobs are being carried out to obtain trouble free connection.
- Monitoring the segments by checking the functionality of the switches.
- Monitoring the functions of the transceivers.
- Monitoring the bandwidth for its utilization.
- Daily monitoring of virus outbreak.
- Daily monitoring of patches and updates
- Daily backup of mail accounts.
- Co-ordinating with the BSNL, the ISP vendor, to solve network related problems.
Security is the major concern in any campus wide network. The increase in number of users and heterogenous applications cause threat to any network. The problems associated with the network are solved by adopting various security measures. The security devices procured are
Hardware Firewall WatchGuard Firebox 1000 was purchased to tackle hacking problem, worms, line choking, content filtering etc. The Firewall is monitored daily.
To control the spam generated on Exchange server, an anti-spam software namely Scan Manager is installed at the mail server.
To have control over IP addresses and for URL filter Winproxy is used at the proxy server.
The Computer Centre has facilitated email services across the campus. One of its main functions is maintenance of email servers. Around 100 mail accounts have been created in clrim.org (under Windows Exchange) and around 80 mail accounts have been created under clri.info (q-mail in LINUX platform).