- Environmental Technology Division of CLRI with modern R&D facilities is a centre of excellence with dedicated engineers and scientists.
- Planned and provided technical guidance for the development of leather complexes in India and abroad.
- Planned and designed more than 15 Common Effluent Treatment Plants in India and neighbouring countries (Capacity: 1 to 30 MLD).
- Planned and designed more than 10 Secure landfill facility in Tamilnadu and Kolkata. (Capacity: 18000m3 to 4,00,000 m3).
- CLRI is the technical agency for formulation, planning, implementation and commissioning of Calcutta Leather Complex (CLC), which is the biggest of its kind in world with all environmental protection facilities.
- Technical agency for evaluation of treatment technologies for implementation of sewage treatment plants for Ministry of Environment and Forests, GoI, New Delhi.
- Technical services are extended also in other sectors like food, sago, pharmaceutical, textile etc.
- Technical advisory member for National River Conservation Directorate, New Delhi and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, various State and Central Government Organizations.
- Designed and implemented more than 50 CAACO based ETPs/STPs in India and in neighbouring country for wastewater of volume 50 m3 to 2500 m3/day.