DIASTEP - an off the shelf footwear for low risk diabetics
Brief description of Technology
- Diabetes is a very serious chronic disease
- India is the Diabetes Capital of the World with over 60 million affected by it
- Foot is one of the major organs affected
- Estimated that over 50% of lower extremity amputations are linked to diabetes
- Healthcare costs and loss of productivity associated with diabetic foot complications are enormous
CSIR-CLRI developed ‘special footwear-DIASTEP’
- Goes a long way to help reduce diabetic foot complications
- Ensures a better quality of life with enhanced productivity for these patients
DIASTEP: a therapeutic open footwear for the diabetic patients with risk of foot problems
- reduces the abnormal distribution of plantar foot pressure
- provides the patients with diabetic foot risk, complete open footwear
- comprising selective topsole, insole and bottom sole made of appropriately selected material.
- Cow softy leather upper
- Unit moulded sole made from Polyurethane (PU) with extra depth to provide larger area for more effective pressure distribution
- outsole having special tread for better grip and traction.
- Extensive patient trials have established the efficacy of the footwear.